I am participating on a panel discussion in the upcoming American Bar Association webinar, “Key Issues in Government Contractor Mergers and Acquisitions.” The webinar will be Thursday, February 12 from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST.
Listeners will learn best practices for conducting business transactions when government contractors are involved. The panel will address the following questions:
- What is the current state of the government contractor M&A marketplace?
- What risks and opportunities are presented by contractors with small business set-aside contracts?
- What are the unique diligence issues often seen in deals involving government contractors?
- How should parties deal with foreign investment and/or foreign operation and control of U.S. based government contractors?
- What are the best practices for transactions involving classified contracts?
- How should parties avoid common traps associated with novation and other change of control requirements?