I am looking forward to presenting at the 11th Annual U.S. Export & Re-Export Compliance for Canadian Operations Virtual Conference. The conference will take place January 26-27, 2022 with pre-conference workshops on January 25, 2022. I will be presenting with John Boscariol, Partner at McCarthy Tétrault LLP based in Toronto, Canada.
Our session, “Updating Your Risk-Based Economic Sanctions Compliance Program: The Latest U.S. and Canadian Restrictions, and Their Practical Impact,” will take you through the most critical economic sanctions developments and trends affecting exports and reexports. The discussion will focus on new, unanticipated pitfalls to avoid for 2022 and beyond.
- Comparing and contrasting U.S. and Canadian sanctions-and their practical impact on export and reexport operations
- The rapidly changing China landscape, and the impact on due diligence and supply chain risks
- Impact of the PRC’s Foreign Anti-Sanctions Regulation and the new Blocking Statute
- Performing due diligence amid the increased use of The Entity List
- Iran: Status report and negotiations with Iran and what is on the horizon
As in past years, the 2022 overall conference agenda will focus on the most complex issues posed by the interplay of U.S. and Canadian export/re-export controls, as well as the nuances of applying U.S. requirements to the Canadian context.
For more information and to register, click here.