Bass, Berry & Sims attorney Todd Overman authored “Ten Unique Issues to Consider When Buying or Selling a Government Contractor,” outlining 10 helpful tips unique to acquisitions involving government contractors. The areas discussed include:
- Structuring the transaction – stock vs. asset purchase?
- How to deal with a corporate conversion
- Novation tips for the unwary
- Will the seller lose its small business set-aside or 8(a) contracts?
- Assessing organizational conflict of interest risk
- Accounting and business system compliance
- What happens to classified contracts?
- GSA schedule contract compliance
- Optimizing seller’s intellectual property
- Managing change of control communications
The full article, “Ten Unique Issues to Consider When Buying or Selling a Government Contractor,” was published by Bloomberg BNA’s Federal Contracts Report on November 17, 2015 and is available online (subscription required).